I've got sweets on the brain, in my belly, on the kitchen counter, so I figured now would be a good time to post this meme!
1) Copy this list into your site, including the instructions!
2) Bold all of the sweets you've eaten--or make them a different type color.
3) Cross out any of them that you'd never ever eat.
4) Consider anything that is not bold or crossed out your "To Do" List.
5) Optional: Post a comment here linking to your results--or just post a comment letting us know how many you've tried, or what you're going to try next!
I got this list (and the instructions) here. She has links up to lots of these, so I checked out the ones I wasn't sure about and some recipes for those that I do want to try!
1. Red Velvet Cake
2. Princess Torte
3. Whoopie Pie
4. Apple Pie either topped or baked with sharp cheddar
7. Black and white cookie
8. Seven Layer Bar (also known as the Magic Bar or Hello Dolly bars) Yep, my grandma used to make these.
9. Fried Fruit pie (sometimes called hand pies)
10. Kringle Of course! I spent 5 years in Kenosha/Racine WI!
11. Just-fried (still hot) doughnut Like at Krispy Kreme?
12. Scone with clotted cream mmm-hmmm, when I was in England, and then again on the airplane on the way back.
13. Betty, Grunt, Slump, Buckle or Pandowdy I love the blueberry buckle I make, but I LOVE the blueberry buckle Marcy Leslie makes!
16. Banana pudding with nilla wafers
17. Bubble tea (with tapioca "pearls")
18. Dixie Cup This is a staple at my grandma's house!
19. Rice Krispie treats Of course!
21. Blondies Yum!
23. Girl Scout cookies No freezer is complete without a box of Thin Mints!
24. Moon cake
25. Candy Apple Like caramel apple? If so, then yes.
26. Baked Alaska Really, really want this...mostly because the cooks make this for Daddy Warbucks in Annie!
27. Brooklyn Egg Cream
28. Nanaimo bar
29. Baba au rhum
30. King Cake This is the one with the baby in it, right? My mom brought some from New Orleans once.
32. Pavlova Had this in Australia's Blue Mountains this summer!
33. Tres Leches Cake Yum, yum, yum!
34. Trifle Anyone who's been to Christmas dinner at my grandma's house has had this!
35. Shoofly Pie
36. Key Lime Pie (made with real key lime) Can't be certain about the "real key lime", but it's possible.
37. Panna Cotta
38. New York Cheesecake
39. Napoleon / mille-fueille
40. Russian Tea Cake / Mexican Wedding Cake
41. Anzac biscuits
43. Kolache Aunt Margie makes them best!
44. Buckeyes My friend Julie (from OH) gave me a container of these for Christmas last year. I inhaled them.
46. Moon Pie
47. Dutch baby Didn't think I'd had this, but then I looked it up. At my house, we call them Puff Pancakes. Mom, I'd like to place my order for a Puff Pancake in January.
48. Boston Cream Pie
49. Homemade chocolate chip cookies Is there anyone who hasn't had homemade chocolate chip cookies?
51. Gooey butter cake
52. Rusks Didn't know I had this either, but I have.
53. Daifuku Another one I ate and didn't know it. I know them better as "those nasty dessert things I got at that festival" There's not much on this list that I've tried and didn't like, but these...blech!
54. Green tea cake or cookies Surely I can find some of that around here. I have had green tea ice cream, and green tea chewy candy and green tea hard candy. And green tea tea.
55. Cupcakes from a cupcake shop
56. Crème brûlée
57. Some sort of deep fried fair food (twinkie, candy bar, cupcake) Twinkie, and Snickers bar. But I didn't eat all of it.
58. Yellow cake with chocolate frosting
59. Jelly Roll Yes, I think I made one in middle school foods class.
60. Pop Tarts
61. Charlotte Russe
62. An "upside down" dessert (Pineapple upside down cake or Tarte Tatin)
63. Hummingbird Cake
64. Jell-O from a mold
65. Black forest cake
66. Mock Apple Pie (Ritz Cracker Pie)
68. Linzer torte
69. Churro At Comiskey Park!
71. Angel Food Cake
72. Mincemeat pie
74. Opera Cake
75. Sfogliatelle / Lobster tail
76. Pain au chocolat In Paris! Most people make a list of things they want to see. When I went to Paris, I took a list of all the things I wanted to eat (I'd been hearing about them in French class since I was 5!)
77. A piece of Gingerbread House
80. Rainbow cookies
82. Petits fours At American Girl Place, I think!
83. Chocolate Souffle
84. Bienenstich (Bee Sting Cake)
85. Rugelach I'm pretty sure I've had this.
87. Homemade marshmallows
88. Rigo Janci
89. Pie or cake made with candy bar flavors (Snickers pie, Reeses pie, etc)
91. Coke or Cola cake
92. Gateau Basque
93. S'mores Oh yes.
94. Figgy Pudding
95. Bananas foster or other flaming dessert
96. Joe Froggers
98. Millionaire's Shortbread
99. Animal crackers in my soup. Not really, but I couldn't resist a chance at a Shirley Temple reference.