Monday, October 26, 2009

Are you ready for some MITTENS?

I haven't heard that jingle in such a long time that I suppose I've forgotten the words. How does it go? Are you ready for some knitting?... No, that's not it. Are you ready for some pizza?... I don't think that's it either. I think it's coming to me... Are you ready for some football?!?! Oh, yeah, that's it.

I'm beginning to think that inviting David here during football season was not a very smart idea. David is a football nut. He is obsessed with football. Like, maybe needs to be medicated level of obsession. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm a sports fan and every morning, I check the MLB, NFL, NCAAF, and (eventually) NCAAB scores. (I skip NBA, because I'm just not into pro basketball. Maybe it's a curse of growing up near Chicago in the 90s. Nothing will ever top the three-peat and the repeat-the-three-peat.) I don't mind having football on all afternoon, but I don't really pay much attention to it. I have one team that I am a fan of, Da Bears!, and so I know a little bit about them. Other than that, I can match a few quarterbacks to their teams and tell you what colors some of them wear, and that's about it. David, on the other hand, is a super-huge NY Giants fan, but pays attention to all of the teams, knows about a lot of the players and could probably tell you the score of a game between 2 randomly selected teams that happened 3 weeks ago, right off the top of his head.
Unfortunately for David, we don't get any football games on our cable. Unfortunately for me, AFN (the Armed Forces Network) plays the games at the club on base. So, that's where we were last night, watching the Vikings and the Steelers. And that's where we'll be in about 3 hours, watching a rebroadcast of the Giants and the Cardinals. David is determined to not find out who won. I already know (I told you I check the scores every morning!). He's not going to be happy. Especially since he already agreed to go see The Time Traveler's Wife after the game, since it's playing at the base theater which happens to be right next to the club. Hopefully the theater sells Twizzlers, or else the whole afternoon will be a wash for David.

Anyway, I've kind of gotten sidetracked. This is why I usually wait until after I'm done writing to think of the title for my post.
So as D, Little J, and her hubby all watched the game, I did this:
Mini-Mittens-2-web
Those are teeny-tiny mittens! My sweater is now too big to be considered portable knitting, so I decided at the last minute that I'd need another, smaller project to work on. And this is a pretty tiny project! They're about an inch and a half from cuff to fingertip, and I think they'd look adorable hanging on a Christmas tree or clipped to a garland with a bunch of other tiny knits. Thank goodness for football, which will give me an opportunity to make a nice little stockpile of these!

1 comment:

uncle bi!! said...

It's so funny that David was the time traveler and you were his wife -- he time shifted the game!

Related Posts with Thumbnails