Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Off the Hook (and Needles)

I don't think anything is ever going to change the fact that I find knitting patterns and buy yarn much at a much faster rate than my hands can move those needles. But I actually finished several small projects last month:
clapotis and mittens
slippers
The slippers (two pairs) were completed in 1-2 days each.
The mittens, about 2-3 days.
The Clapotis scarf...well, a little longer.
Since the scarf & mittens were finished in May, you may think I haven't had much opportunity to wear them. Well, then you're not in England. It's chilly here! I hear it's even unseasonably cool in Okinawa right now, but I'm not convinced it's scarf/mitten weather there.

I'm working on a pair of socks now that just aren't holding my attention, and my Big Snugs, which I want to love, but unfortunately I made some kind of mistake in picking up stitches and now my needle is completely stuck in the super-tight stitches. I've tried lots of ideas to free my needle, but I fear I'm going to have to use scissors!?!??! And then I have no idea what that would do to my Snug. So I don't know...maybe it's time to find a new project?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails