Friday, June 05, 2009

48 Hour Book Club: first update

I've read for 2 hours and 50 minutes now, and spent 4 minutes blogging about it.
I finished The Tenth Circle by Jodi Picoult (the last 166 pages or so). The book kept me guessing and I like that in a book. It wasn't my favorite Picoult book...actually of the ones I've read I think it was my least favorite, but still a decent read. A teen date-rape story with a few twists.

Now I'm starting Thirteen Reasons Why. I started reading during the 2 times my computer restarted while typing this blog entry... this is really getting annoying! But this book seems like it's going to be a quick & captivating read. It's a series of audio messages left behind by a girl who committed suicide. I like books with short chapters or little symbols like asterisks separating parts of the text, because it makes me feel like I get to accomplish a lot. This book looks to have quite a few of those.

I already get to add 23 minutes of read/blog time, although this time around I can't distinguish between reading and blogging...because I started reading during each of the THREE times that the computer restarted itself while I was writing this! This is just getting annoying! Can't wait for my replacement computer to arrive (David mailed the laptop a week ago). Okay...enough with this unreliable computer. I'm going to go read!

3 comments:

Sandra said...

I'm 3 1/2 hours in too. I've heard good things about Thirteen Reasons Why. Happy reading.

Carol H Rasco said...

I have had such a great day reading and wish you just as much fun! I've been reading since 8:30 AM so I am going for some shut eye now....see you and my sister and brother bloggers in the morning. Happy reading!

Liyana said...

Keep up the good job! :D

Related Posts with Thumbnails