Monday, October 02, 2006

It's the little things...

Today after school one of my students from last year stopped by my classroom to visit. She showed me her Mad Minute math test, her assignment notebook and all of her other 3rd grade things. She told me about who she sat by and how she sat at a desk instead of a table and kept all of her things in her own desk too and that she knows all the cursive alphabet now. She came in and looked at the new arrangement of furniture, asked about what we're doing in class. Even though I had lots to do after school today, I talked to her for about 20 minutes and it was fun! I've never had the opportunity to have old students come to visit me-- after Prairie School, I left for Italy; after Edison, I left for Okinawa... When I realized how long she had been standing at my room, I asked her where she was supposed to meet her mom (she subs a lot) and she said she was probably waiting at the office. So I walked her down and saw her mom along the way. I told her Bailey had been visiting me and she said, "I know, she told me that she wanted to go talk to you today". It really made my day to know that she had made a special point to come and see me!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails