It was crazy to watch my whole house get packed up yesterday. It took me 3.5 years to make all that mess, and they had it all packed up in just a few hours! People had told me that they would pack "everything"...there's even a comic strip that shows a girl pouring herself a cup of coffee on moving day, greeting the movers, and coming back for a refill only to find the coffee pot wrapped in paper and ready to go. It's true! I went to blow my nose today and realized that I since I hadn't put the kleenex outside, it was gone!
Here are a few reasons why I think I would be a good mover:
1. I am small and it is easy for me to weave my way through a room full of boxes and packing materials.
2. I have legible handwriting for labeling boxes.
3. I can stand on our kitchen counter and have just enough clearance to not touch the ceiling. I wouldn't have to stoop to remove dishes, etc. from the cabinets.
Here are a few reasons why I think I would NOT make a good mover:
1. I don't think my visual-spatial awareness is good enough. These guys are off the charts!
2. I'm just not that great at moving heavy and awkward items. I would've gone for reinforcements when it came time to get the 61" tv off its stand, but the guy working in the living room didn't need to!
3. I'm not good at finishing one thing before moving on to the next. I would have half packed a box and gotten sidetracked by something that looked more fun to pack.
4. I like taking breaks.
5. I would probably have made loud comments like "Gross!" when finding all the dust when taking knick knacks off shelves and moving furniture.
6. When packing up the board games, I probably would've asked if anyone wanted to play a quick game of Yahtzee.