Thursday, November 09, 2006

Loooooong Week

Isn't a 4-day work week supposed to be shorter than all the 5-day ones? Well this week seemed horribly long. Horribly. It doesn't help that I was sick all week (but still went to work...must save my sick days for scrapbook marathons). Most of my class was at least a little sick and snotty too but I was the only one I ever saw actually use a Kleenex.
Then there's our "Thanksgiving Program". Let me just take a moment to tell you how much I am NOT looking forward to that. Okay, first of all, there are only 16 school days in November--that means 14 days of no school. 16 days to read, write, do math, etc. Add to the mix 185 kids singing some lame-o turkey songs for their parents followed by a Thanksgiving luncheon at which most of the food will be cold. So I mention the fact that I am really not looking forward to this dumb event and my teacher-neighbor says, "Come on, kids are only kids once". True. But, hopefully, kids are only going to be 2nd graders once. And that means they have lots to learn during this year. And when I have an extremely limited supply of white construction paper, I'd rather do something besides making pilgrim girl hats.
Maybe it's not so bad. But my throat hurts, my nose hurts, my back hurts, my eyes, my head and my ears hurt. How can you expect me to be anything but cranky?

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails