1. What did you do in 2009 that you’d never done before? Swam with dolphins, pet stingrays, accepted 3 TMO shipments by myself, rented a house, went to Greenland!
2. Did you keep your new years’ resolutions, and will you make more for next year? I don’t remember my resolutions…so I’m guessing that means “no”. This year's resolutions aren't going to start until my birthday. So I have another day and a half of being a lazy, sloppy pig.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth? One of my best friends, Ami. And several of my other friends, too, like Skip, Beth, Katie. Oh! And my cousin Stephanie had her baby right at the beginning of the year!
4. Did anyone close to you die? Thankfully, no. We weren’t necessarily close, but my uncle passed away and that was sad.
5. Did you visit anywhere exciting? Greenland! Grand Cayman! Jamaica! Edinburgh!
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009? A husband who lives with me instead of across the ocean! Visitors. And a job would be nice!
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why? January 29...the day we left Okinawa. May 14… the day David found out he made Master Sergeant! December 24... when David sang me a special song.
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year? Moving. Learning how to pop popcorn on the stove.
9. What was your biggest mistake? One that I’m already learning from.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury? Nothing out of the ordinary.
11. What was the best thing you bought? a British voltage speaker thingy for my iPod
12. Whose behavior merited celebration? David for working so hard & making Master Sergeant!
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed? I don’t know…or don’t remember.
14. Where did most of your money go in 2009? Airfare!
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about? Getting stuck in Greenland! Glee!
16. What song(s) will always remind you of 2009? Home by Michael Buble, Don’t Stop Believin’ (both Journey & the Glee Kids versions)
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier or sadder? Happier because David is getting ready to come home instead of leave!
ii. thinner or fatter? I‘m guessing thinner, because all of the pants I bought right around this time last year are big on me. We were in “we’re leaving…we better eat all the things we love to eat in Okinawa while we still have the chance” mode!
iii. richer or poorer? Richer, but not much since I haven’t had a job all year!
18. What do you wish you’d done more of? Knitting, scrap booking, reading, running, and spending more time with David.
19. What do you wish you’d done less of? Eating sweets, bickering with David on the phone.
20. How did you spend Christmas? The best possible way….. with David. In Greenland!
21. Did you fall in love in ‘09? A few times… first with my new little cousin Marissa, then with Glee, and all over again with David in December.
22. What was your favorite TV program? Glee, Survivor, Big Love, Countdown, Ugly Betty, So You Think You Can Dance, season 3(again!)
23. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year? Nope.
24. What was the best book you read? Marley & Me, Nineteen Minutes
25. What was your greatest musical discovery? uh…the cast of Glee!
26. What did you want and get? A piano! A slim camera. A purple laptop!! (although technically, this was for my birthday, so I shouldn’t have “officially” gotten it until 2010!)
27. What did you want and not get? a guitar necklace from etsy, a Survivor buff, a box bag
28. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you? I turned 28. I wasn’t working, so I ran along the seawall and took a bunch of pictures. David came home for lunch and we went to OnoKauKau, the Hawaiian restaurant for kalua pig. For dinner, we (once again) went to Marino’s for pasta and when we came home, David gave me the cake that he decorated for me!
29. What’s one thing that would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying? Being able to move to a new place with David instead of by myself… I can’t wait for England to start feeling like OUR home.
30. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009? Pretty much pajamas or running clothes! And there was that week in which I lived in bathing suits!
31. What kept you sane? Running, knitting.
32. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most? Mr. Schuester from Glee! I’m sure there’s more, but right now, I only have eyes for Mr. Schue.
33. What political issue stirred you the most? I didn’t really get too involved… but I suppose it’s nearly impossible not to have an opinion on health care.
34. Who do you miss the most? Okinawa. I know that’s not really a “who”…but it’s what I miss most. Our friends, our life, the warmth, the blue skies, running along the ocean, my job, my husband!
35. Who was the best new person you met? I met a lot of good new people… my friends Sandi and Jessica among others.
36. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009? Enjoy what you have while you have it. I was so ready to get out of Oki…and spent much of the rest of the year wishing I could go back there!
37. What are your New Years Resolutions for 2010? Take time every day to do something for my body (running, yoga, Wii fit, walk, etc.), for my brain (read, piano, speak French, crossword puzzle, etc.), and for my creativity (knit, scrapbook, make a card, sew, etc.) Oh, and I suppose for my house (dishes, vacuum, straighten up, etc.) But instead of my resolutions beginning on Jan 1, I’m going to begin them on my birthday… maybe it will be more meaningful that way. Maybe.
The topic of my next post will be Greenland again... I just wanted to get this posted so I could get rid of the document on my desktop!