Friday, September 29, 2006

Timing is everything

If there's anything I should have all figured out by now is that in a military community, timing is everything. I try to rush into the commissary before all the Active Duty get out of work at 4:15 so they won't be in line ahead of me. Same with the post office. I never go to the BX between 11:30 and 1 on a weekday because if I do, I'll have to relinquish my spot in line to anyone in uniform (and also because I'm at work at that time anyway). I always try to be in a building at 5:00 p.m. (sorry, 1700 hours) so I don't have to stand outside or pull to the side of the road while the national anthem and the Japanese national anthem are played (not that I have anything against national anthems, it's just that I usually have to really go to the bathroom at this time of day). But the one I hadn't figured out until today was that if I pull up to a certain stop sign on base at 3:23 pm I will have to wait for about 40 school aged children to cross the street before I can go any further.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails