Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Cranky Sores

I have two monster canker sores in my mouth (just what you wanted to read about, right?). It's really getting annoying... I feel like I might be getting a cold, but I don't want to drink any orange juice because it will irritate the canker sores even more. It hurts to eat, it hurts to talk (one is under my tongue-yeeeouch!). Aimee R. the P-I-T (Pharmacist in Training) said to dissolve a baby asprin on the sore. This helps only temporarily. I also have anbesol type gel that makes my whole mouth numb. And I know just why I got them too... David has this fabulous foamy toothpaste that made my mouth feel so clean. So I started using it once a day and using my all-natural no Sodium Laurel Sulfate toothpaste any other time I brushed. Well, the toothpaste wasn't bothering me at all, so I decided to use it every time I brushed... and now here I am. You give me an inch, I take a mile... and I've got cranky sores to prove it.

And you thought I'd have nothing interesting to write about...

3 comments:

JulesinParadise said...

Try camphor of phenic (sp?) on those sores and they will dry up right away. Love reading your blog, dear.

Anonymous said...

Becca, I have heard good things about coconut oil for cankar sores. Hope you are feeling better soon!

onescrappychick said...

you poor thing.. I have 2 of them myself.. one on the inside of my left cheek.. and the other one is on the right side of my tongue in the back. Both of them wack against my teeth. I get horrible crops of cancer sores.. I'm interested in this toothpaste connection.
(justplainbeth)

Related Posts with Thumbnails