Friday, December 11, 2009

Thursday 13: Christmas Movies I Love

Thirteen Christmas movies I love:

1. Elf. Elf just makes me smile. And smiling's my favorite.  I watched it in May and wanted to decorate my house right then! Watched it again in July and once again had to fight the urge to put the tree up! And the last time I was in an elevator, I was very tempted to push all the buttons like Buddy the Elf and say, "It looks like a Christmas tree!"

2. A Christmas Story. I miss having TBS so I can watch this for 24 hours on Christmas Eve. But I have the DVD, so I can watch it for 24 hours any day of the year!

3. A Charlie Brown Christmas. I love the Peanuts gang. I love Christmas. So, what's not to love?

4. Miracle on 34th Street. Old or new version.  I love Maureen O'Hara, but that little Susan in the new version is too too cute!

5. Snowglobe! I loooooove this one! I wish I had ABC Family so I could be watching their 25 days of Chrsitmas right now! Snowglobe is so cute!!!

6. Holiday Inn.


7. It's a Wonderful Life.

8. The Polar Express. The bells still jingle for me!

9. National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation.

10. Mickey's Christmas Carol. I used to watch this one every Christmas Eve with one of my very best friends & neighbors.

11. Home Alone.

12. Meet Me In St. Louis. Judy Garland singing I'll Be Home For Christmas gets me every time!

13. The Christmas Raccoons. We had this cartoon special taped from tv and I loved watching it. Two kids and their dog cut down a Christmas tree that belongs to a raccoon family. And there's a weird pink villain.

14... I'm adding on here, because I'm having a flashback of another Chiristmas movie from my childhood but I can't remember 1--if I liked it and 2--what it was called! It might be Santa Claus: The Movie. Or Prancer. I remember there being a reindeer. (So that narrows it down...*eyeroll). But the logo I'm picturing looks a lot like the Santa Claus: The Movie one.

What are your favorite Christmas movies?
Check out other lists of 13 here

8 comments:

colleen said...

Mine is A Christmas Carol, the 1954 version. I saw a trailer for Thomas Kinkaide's Christmas Cottage recently and it looked pretty good. I love Elf too.

Anonymous said...

How could "A Christmas Story" not be on ANY list of top Christmas movies?! Crappy Consumer Reports: Best Christmas Movies of All Time

Anonymous said...

I keep hearing about Elf but have not seen it. I guess it's time to watch :)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Amy said...

I LOVE A Christmas Carol. The one with Albert Finney in it. It was voted as the worst one ever made and it makes me laugh every time I see it. Probably not the reaction Dickens was going for, but what can you do? Also the Muppets Christmas Carol is up there as well.

Straitjackets are Slimming said...

Was it Santa Claus: The Movie with Dudley Moore? I loved that one.

Rekaya Gibson said...

From your list, I like Christmas Story, National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, Miracle on 34th Street, and Charlie Brown. Also, I love "Santa Claus is Coming to Town."

Rekaya Gibson, Author
The Food Temptress
www.thefoodtemptress.blogspot.com

Rachael said...

my favorite is definitely PRANCER! Love it.

Related Posts with Thumbnails