Tuesday, April 08, 2008

Darn Brownies!

Today was the White Sox home opener & I'm lucky enough to be on spring break so I can watch the game (remember, afternoon & evening games air at odd times here!). Since we only have 1 sports channel, they choose which games to air based mostly on team record...and since the Sox ended in 2nd to last place last year, their game wasn't on, so I watched the ESPN GameCast instead. I left the computer in the bottom of the 7th, with 2 men on and 2 outs. I shouted at the last guy who struck out that he could've loaded the bases for a grand slam. Then I had to go make some brownies & finish a taco salad for a function for DH. I came back from making the brownies and checked the game... turns out, the next batter loaded the bases & Joe Crede hit a grand slam! And I missed it! The Sox won 7-4. That made me happy, especially because they beat the Twins, who absolutely creamed the White Sox at the only game I went to last year!

Oh, by the way...the brownies turned out delicious! Used the recipe found here.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails