I'm back in Okinawa and I've taken on quite a few projects on my first day back:
1. unpack suitcases almost done
2. reorganize closet check
3. vacuum kitchen check
4. wash sheets they're in the dryer...which is actually the only part I had to do since David put them in the washer
5. finish reading The Pilot's Wife about 50 pages to go
6. start reading Harry Potter see above
7. conquer the Rubik's Cube I borrowed from Grandma's house see below
I did it! I solved the Rubik's Cube! I was so excited, too, because I have been playing with that thing for as long as I can remember, and finally (with a little help from the internet) I did it! I was carrying it to the living room so I could take a picture of my accomplishment and proudly display it on the coffee table so David could see when he came home from work and...
That's right... just as I was patting myself on the back for being such an incredible genius, I dropped the darn thing and it smashed to a billion little Rubik's smithereens. The horror! I laid on the floor for a really long time, and would probably still be there now if not for the ringing telephone (it was David, who laughed at my tragedy but also promised to get a new Rubik's cube soon) and the theraputic power of my blog. I suppose I should also buy a new Rubik's cube for Uncle Bill, because I'm guessing that it once belonged to him.