I've been here almost a year, alone for most of it, jobless for all of it. People ask me, "aren't you getting bored?" I think only boring people get bored. Luckily, I have lots of plans & projects going at any one time to keep the boredies away.
Here's a list of some of my current projects or projects/activities I'm planning:
1. a vacation! We're going to Morocco! And I can take 50 lbs worth of bathing suits! Wootwoot!
2. a container garden- a few veggies & herbs. Need to go water my seeds and sing to them so they'll grow. The faster they grow, the sooner I can put them outside where they can't hear me sing.
3. a quick-trip. Meeting my cousin & her husband in Ireland. And perhaps smooching the Blarney stone.
4. baby shower! It's back on and I'm back in party planning mode and LOVING it!
5. two 10ks. I'm officially signed up for one in Cambridge and one right here in Thetford in April and May.
6. half-marathon. Why stop at a 10k when you can go for 21? I'm eying a September half right now.
7. Easter brunch. I need an excuse to make blueberry-stuffed French toast and mimosas! Actually, one never needs an excuse for blueberry-stuffed French toast and mimosas...
8. apron-sewing. My mom & aunt sent lots of apron-making-goodies, I need to drag a transformer upstairs and get stitchin'! But first...
9. clean/organize my crafts room. Gotta call it a craftS room because there is waaaaay too much going on in there to go with the singular. Something that will help me with that is...
10. building stuff! This will be my newest passion. And David gets to be involved. And by involved, I mean "do most of the work". "We"'ve got BIG plans. I just need to tell him what they are.
11. sock knitting. I'm making a pair of boring socks with ugly yarn. But when they are done, I won't have to wonder "what am I going to do with this ugly yarn?" anymore.
12. granny squaring. I've got to wait on a yarn color card & a fabric swatch, but I have some fun plans for a granny square blankie.
13. nutter butter balling. That's what I need to go do right now...for a function I need to take a dessert to tomorrow! Here's a recipe.
Thursday, March 18, 2010
Saturday, March 13, 2010
1. 0745ish- today's chore: wash sheets & towels
3. 1100ish- Returning to the baby shower box! The party I started planning for a friend back in August, originally scheduled for January, is back on! April 10! I was looking for the invitations and taking a "re-stock" of what I'd already gathered for the party.
5. 1300- Filling the candy dish! York Peppermint Patties, Hershey's Kisses & Hershey's fun sized bars (I like Mr. Goodbars best, David prefers the plain milk chocolate...guess he hasn't really been exposed to GOOD milk chocolate!) See the SUN coming in the window??6. 1400- Originally I thought I would use the invitations I already designed & ordered for the shower and just cover up the old date with the new one, but then I got over-excited and came up with a design for a new one. I'll share pictures of the invites another time, but the wording on the invite is going to be:
Just like a real rock star, Coy C---- couldn’t stand the idea of missing out on a chance to party... So we postponed the baby shower for him. He’s home from the hospital and ready to rock!
On Saturday, April 10, you have a backstage pass to meet Jaclyn & Jason’s little Rocker!
(I plan to recycle the old invitations by cutting the skulls & guitars out & using them to embellish the new invites!)
Please accept my apologies for ANOTHER boring 12 of 12. The good news is, I think it is HIGHLY likely that May AND June's version of 12 of 12 will be fun...and not in my house! :) Wootwoot! More to come when plans solidify a little more.
Check out "funner" 12 of 12s here at the 12 of 12 host's blog.